2022 SAYRA Qualification Process
U.S. Adult Sailing Championship
for the Clifford D. Mallory Trophy
The U.S. Adult Sailing Championship will be held Oct. 26-30, 2022 at Bay Waveland Yacht Club in Bay Saint Louis, MS.
For details, visit: 2022 U.S. Adult Sailing Championship - US Sailing
SAYRA (South Atlantic Yacht Racing Association) may submit one team for consideration to compete for the U.S. Adult Sailing Championship - Clifford D. Mallory Trophy. The 2022 SAYRA submission will be based on resume selection, using the same criteria US Sailing will be using to make their final selections.
Submit sailing resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 22, 2022
- Resume to include all expected team members’ experience
- Teams must be comprised of sailors from SAYRA and be members of sailing organizations that are members of SAYRA, or individual members of SAYRA
- All team members must be current members of US Sailing
- Sailing organizations must be current members of US Sailing
- The number of crew for the event shall be three (3) or four (4), including the helmsperson
- The total weight of the crew, including the skipper, dressed in at least shorts and shirts, shall not exceed 700 pounds
Resumes will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- 40% Sailor Criteria – How many major events have they competed in the past three years; number of races in these events, number of attendants
- 20% - Qualified through a regatta at the Regional Sailing Association level
- 20% Class Criteria – size, diversity, depth and activity of class they consistently sail nationally
- 10% - sailors under 30 make up 25% of the team
- 10% - female sailors make up at least 25% of the team
- Bonus: Additional 10% if a female is the helmsperson
The deadline for resume submission to SAYRA is August 22, 2022 at 2359 hours. The selected SAYRA team will be notified of selection by August 28, 2022.
The selected team must pay a nonrefundable $50 Application for Invitation fee with their application by September 12, 2022. The entry fee and registration form are due by September 24, 2022. (See NOR 5.3.)
Please be sure to read the Notice of Race and be prepared to comply with all requirements if selected, before submitting a resume.
If selected for the Championship, the SAYRA team will be eligible to apply for the Helen Hanley Fund to support the travel to the Championship. Financial support is not guaranteed and you must apply for this funding. Full eligibility HHMF details can be found at https://sayra-sailing.membershiptoolkit.com/HHchamp.
SAYRA RSA Contact: Treez Decker, email@example.com, (704) 287-5254
for questions and to submit resume
 SAYRA is the Regional Sailing Association (RSA) for North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
Full Year list CLICK HERE